Monday, September 10, 2007

RegAsm : warning RA0000 : No types were registered

I was trying my hands at creating a .NET 2.0 component that can be consumed by a COM application.
One of the errors I got in the process of registering the .NET assembly was
RegAsm : warning RA0000 : No types were registered.

This was baffling!! I had done everything right and spent quite some time figuring out what could have gone wrong... until I had a look at the AssemblyInfo.cs. The ComVisible property for the assembly was set to false!! To access types in a .NET assembly from COM, this property should be set to true. Once I did it, I was able to successfully register the .NET assembly and consume it in my COM component. Be sure to remember this when developing COM - .NET interop applications!!

3 comments:

Tomasz said...

thanks, that helped :)

Hemanth Kelkar said...

Thanks Vijay, really a nice piece of information..

nowa said...

true, solved my problem :)

What is success?

The journey of life takes us through varied experiences like landing an admission at a prestigious college, earning a degree, getting hired,...