Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How to: Undo an orphan checkout in VSTS

Recently, I replaced my old laptop with a new one. When I recreated the VSTS folder structure on the new laptop, I realized that I had forgotten to check-in a few files which I had checked out on my old laptop. How do I undo the checkout? That was the question bothering me… The solution, it turns out, is pretty straightforward.

Delete the workspace by using the command below

tf workspace /delete workspacename;username /server:servername

You will see the message below

A deleted workspace cannot be recovered.
Workspace 'workspacename;username' on server 'servername' has n pending change(s).
Are you sure you want to delete the workspace? (Yes/No)

Confirm the action and the problem is fixed!

No comments:

What is success?

The journey of life takes us through varied experiences like landing an admission at a prestigious college, earning a degree, getting hired,...