Friday, October 3, 2008

SSL setup issue in Zermatt Beta.

I downloaded Microsoft Zermatt Beta and was enthusiastically working to get the samples setup. When running the script SamplesPreReqSetup.bat, I got the following error in the SSL setup step.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Code Name Zermatt\Samples\Utilities\Scripts\SetSSLCertificate.js(32, 1) (null): The system cannot find the path specified.

On having a look at the script, I found that the code was not able to find the path "/W3SVC/1" in the metabase.xml. The setup script assumes that the default web site is available at the path /W3SVC/1. On opening up metabase.xml, I found that the Default Web Site on my server was set to "/LM/W3SVC/998577302". I guess that the Default Web Site was probably deleted and reconfigured on this box. Hence, it had a different value for the Location attribute. :). As a fix for this, I have replaced the following line in SamplesPreReqCleanup.bat
cscript //nologo "%~dp0Scripts\SetSSLCertificate.js" /W3SVC/1 %localhostCERTHASH%

with the one below.
cscript //nologo "%~dp0Scripts\SetSSLCertificate.js" /W3SVC/998577302 %localhostCERTHASH%

No comments:

What is success?

The journey of life takes us through varied experiences like landing an admission at a prestigious college, earning a degree, getting hired,...