Friday, January 11, 2008

TFS Backup: Remember the Agent

I scheduled a maintenance job to backup the TFS databases following the steps published on msdn. When I executed the plan, I noticed the following error in the SQL Server logs.

BackupDiskFile::CreateMedia: Backup device 'D:\Backups\WSS_Content_backup_200801111921.bak' failed to create. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.)

After some investigation, I noticed that the account under which SQL Server Agent was running did not have write permissions on the backup folder. After granting the appropriate permissions and re-executing the plan, backups got created and I heaved a sigh of relief!

No comments:

What is success?

The journey of life takes us through varied experiences like landing an admission at a prestigious college, earning a degree, getting hired,...